Well, January was not so productive as I had anticipated. I was so optimistic at the beginning of the month, but somehow my follow-through didn’t.

Research
* Go through and enter every piece of information stored over the year in Research 2011 folder for husband’s side. Source in RootsMagic database.
* Figure out what original records are available from the LDS Library for direct lines.

Organization
* Back up the blog. I always put this on my calendar, and try very hard to remember to back up on the first of the month. While I have most of my computer files backing up to an online server, the blog isn’t part of that automatic system. I wonder if there is a way to automate backing it up? [This is still a good question and I will look into it.]
* Go through the last inbox and remaining pile from the middle inbox, and see what is lurking there to be put away, entered into the database, etc. [I did make a little progress on this one. And I ordered and received archival boxes to store the photo albums and over-size photographs in. I just need to get the albums and photos into their boxes and the boxes stacked on the shelving.]

Education
* Watch one online video or webinar about genealogy. [I watched Marian Pierre-Louis's webinar for Legacy on Discovering your Massachusetts Ancestors. She is a great speaker to listen to and she really knows her stuff.]

While it continues to be clear that I need to have some clean-up time, I haven’t accomplished it yet. I cannot yet report I have a clean desk and am able to see what my goals need to be for my husband’s family history. This does still seem like a reasonable goal, however, so I will work on chipping away at it.

Comments are closed.

© 2009-2014 The Genealogy Gals All Rights Reserved -- Copyright notice by Blog Copyright