* I’m getting ready to do a short road trip to Maine with my ever-patient sister. My goal is to begin on-the-ground research on our Boothby family line. I want to know why our family line left Maine and migrated to southern Ohio in the late 1790s-early 1800s.
* Do a timeline for Mary Elizabeth Hockman Earhart. Get all the census records for the Earhart families, her Boothby family, and any Hockman families. Also get all possible birth, marriage, and death records. (I have some of these records but need to be sure I have all of them.)
* Pick a group of records and really learn how to enter them in Clooz1 – a program which I really like my early experience with but which I need to learn to be more proficient using.
* I may also try to create my own version of a spreadsheet to track digital files and note the basics of the sources they come from, as described by Josh Taylor in one of the sessions he taught in our GRIP course.
* Continuing to organize the various files on my hard drive.
* Back up the blog! Plug-ins found so far to automate this task don’t meet my needs However I just saw a review of another one, that looked worth investigating. There is always hope – in the meantime I must remember to do it by hand.
* In July Judy and I attended the intermediate course at GRIP2. I hope Judy is getting ready to write a story about our experiences there.
* I will combine education with research in my trip to Maine. I want to explore some of the resources available in Maine including the State Archives and State Library.
* I will find a webinar, probably toward the end of the month, to watch.