Since this is a leap year, I have an extra day of Frebruary to finish up projects and look at what I have managed to accomplish. The first Friday of the month we had a sneaky wintry-mix storm that ended with a beautiful sunset, and cancelled a lot of activities including the day-long workshop I was supposed to be at. So there was a bonus day at the beginning of the month too. Given all this extra time, I have managed to finish my goal of renaming and reorganizing my family line Evernote notebooks. I have made a checklist on my Trello research board for 25 minute challenges and this was perfect for it. In that spirit, in March I will – 25 minutes at a time – begin renaming all the family files in my computer in the same way. Some of this has already been done, but I don’t think any of the surname folders are completely renamed. So which name to begin with?
In February I found and purchased the William Boorman will from the National Archives at Kew. In March I will add transcribing that as a 25 minute challenge. It is a single page so I hope it will not be too difficult or take too long. I did also look for any William Denman wills and did not find any. In March I will look online to see where else these might be, and I will check the Archives at Kew site for a will for Hannah Gaston Denman (who was the widow of a William and the mother of another we think is in my family line). Lastly, I will digitize at least one of the family daguerreotypes I have, one that says Sarah Folger Coffin is one of those pictured. This cannot be, since she died in 1822 and daguerreotypes were not available before 1839.